Thursday, May 20, 2010

Splish splash, Kendall’s taking a bath.

Kendall continues to really enjoy bath time.  The look on her face when she is in the bathtub is one of such contentment and relaxation.   So far, she just likes to sit back and relax while I bathe her and wash her hair.  Lindy and Granddaddy went to the space shuttle launch last week and brought back a rubber ducky souvenir.  I have showed her how to play with it in the water but she likes to put it in her mouth instead.  I think she is almost to the point of transitioning from the sling to the sitting position in her tub.  Soon enough she will be splashing and kicking, I won’t be able to keep her still.  I really enjoy our time together during baths, it’s so peaceful! imageAfter the bath, we head to her room for lotion, pj’s, a bedtime story, her final time to nurse and then bedtime.  Kendall smiles so big when she sees me rub my hands together to warm up the lotion.  It is the cutest smile and is one of the many that I get to see before I lay her down for bed.  Thank you baby girl for being so generous with your smiles.  You complete mommy’s night, knowing how happy you are when you fall asleep!image

2 comments:

Rachel said...

And before you know it, she's out of the baby bath and now in the big bathtub splashing YOU! :) Cute pics of the pretty girl!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.