Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother’s day weekend

This weekend was an extra special one for me! It was my very first Mother’s day.  I look at Kendall everyday and thank God for letting me be her mom.  I am so proud to be called her mother!  It is a title I have wanted to call myself for as long as I can remember.  She keeps my heart whole and a smile on my face every time I see her.  There are no words to explain the amount of love I have for her and it continues to grow every day.  I can only hope that I will be the mother to Kendall that my mom was to me.  I feel incredibly blessed in so many ways this Mother’s day!imageMichelle, Mark, Jack and Adam all came into town on Saturday. Together, with mom and dad, we all headed to Middleton Park for a picnic lunch.  The weather was beautiful and luckily the park wasn’t too crowded so we grabbed some picnic tables in the shade.  Jack was able to run around and play in the water and Kendall played on her blanket.imageimage I love that Kendall loves to be outdoors. She likes the camera too, especially Aunt Michelle’s! imageWe hope you had a wonderful Mother’s day, Grandma! Glad we could all celebrate together!image

 

On Sunday, we headed over to the Grant’s for a Mother’s day cookout.  A few brave souls decided to take a dip in the pool even though the water wasn’t quite warm enough.  Sullivan and Emory had fun being tossed into the air by Uncle Ryan, they kept coming back for more.imageSullivan said this handstand was especially for Kendall! Good job, buddy!imageKendall enjoyed some fun in the shade and watching everyone in the pool.  The water was a tad too chilly for her (and me) this time around.  Soon enough we will be in the pool playing too.imageWe enjoyed each other’s company inside for a bit before heading home.image

4 comments:

Mom said...

It was a great and special day having everyone all together. I am thrilled to be such an example for you...you make me proud!!! Love you

Lindsey said...

You're the best, mom! I love you!

Michelle said...

What a blessing it is that we have the mommy, and the family!, that we do! And the fact that we get to be mommies together-amazing! Love you!

Rachel said...

KK is such the camera ham! Look at her in all these shots! I love the outfit she had on Sunday. The green & pink looks amazing on her :)