Saturday, October 15, 2011

West Farm

Kendall and I headed to the West Farm Corn Maze with some of my CharlestonMommies.com friends this year.  We had about 9 kids total plus mommies with kids of all age ranges from baby to big kid.  Kendall had a lot of fun running around with Stryker and pretty much doing her own thing.  Last year, she was mostly in our arms or in the stroller but she did touch her feet to the ground.  She was less then thrilled with taking pictures this year but thankfully I had the help of a friend to capture some shots that Kendall wasn’t so aware of.  Thanks, Rachel!imageThe animals were Kendall’s favorite.  She called each one by name all by herself.  We saw chicken’s, goats (which were her favorite), a huge pig, cows and a horse. I was too busy keeping up with Kendall and where she would put her hands to take pictures of all of the animals. Oops! imageThis is Maggie, the pig.  There was a long pole you could put food down for her to eat and boy, did she know how to make that thing shake.  I don’t think she walked more then a foot away from the pole or lifted her head very long to enjoy all of us watching her.  Guess she was hungry. imageWe did not attempt the maze again this year, but the hayride was a hit for everyone.  I’m not sure what Kendall was saying in this picture but I promise she was having a good time.  There was so much corn to ride around.  She loved bouncing on the big balls too, with my help. imageimage  When the hayride was over, I wanted Kendall to be able to pick out a pumpkin and decorate it with the rest of the kids.  Well, she checked them out for a quick minute however, she had her own plans that consisted of going back to see the goats.  We did leave with a small “puck-in” but it does not have any special touches on it.  Maybe next year.  I hope next year. imageStryker went with us last year too.  I’m happy that a tradition has been started during the fall season and that we can all be a part of it as families.  I can’t wait until next year to see how many kids we can add to the fun.   Aren’t they cute?image

No comments: