Sunday, June 6, 2010

On the road

Off we go!!  Our bags were packed and the car was too.  It is that time of year for our annual trip to Michigan.  This will be my first time driving up there, as I usually fly. We said our good byes to daddy and headed off to Grand Rapids at 7:30am.  Kendall fell asleep before we left the neighborhood and slept the first two hours of the trip.  I was a little nervous of what to expect of the two day drive but Kendall did great!  Grandma even bought her a new toy for the drive.imageWe stopped a few times for lunch, bathroom breaks, diaper changes, and for Kendall to stretch out her legs (and mommy and grandma too).  Kendall was able to sit and play on the blanket and enjoy many different sights and sounds of the outdoors.  She was such a happy baby during the drive.  Tennessee was our half way point, where we stayed with family.  Aunt Betsy, Uncle Jerry and Lauren had a wedding to go to the night. we got there.  We were able to visit for a few minutes before they left and once they got home that evening, we chatted for a little bit before bed.  Kendall adjusted well to her sleeping arrangements and so did mommy and grandma, thanks Aunt Betsy!imageBoth days of our car trip were uneventful.  I enjoyed seeing the sights of the different cities we drove through., especially the mountains.  I’m used to flying over the cities but it was neat to see things at eye level.  I love big cities!  Grandma drove most of the way and loved every minute of it.  I sat in the back seat most of the time to keep Kendall entertained.  I’m so proud of my little traveler.  She’s a pro already!  imageCheck out this town!  We were going to stop for a visit but decided we’d rather get to Michigan!

No comments: