Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jack and the squeegee

One afternoon, while in Michigan, Jack and I went to play down at Expressions.  It is a big open space, on the lower level, where my grandparents live.  It has tables and chairs, a tv and plenty of games.  I gave Jack a few bean bags and a ping pong ball to play with.  He wanted nothing to do with either.  Low and behold there was a squeegee stick leaning against the wall and THAT is what he wanted.  He pushed that stick so fast across the floor and used it like a golf club, the ping pong ball came into play at that point.  He was so creative with that stick and turned and flipped it any which way it would turn.  He even figured out if he held it up tall and dropped it, it would make a funny noise.  Who knew a squeegee could be so fun? image imageI had so much fun with Jack!  He made me smile and laugh so many times.  I wish I knew what he was thinking as he was pondering  ways to use the squeegee.  At one point, he managed to throw the ping pong ball and it settled under a chair.  He looked at me like, “what am I supposed to do now?” and then decided to use the squeegee to get the ball within his reach and pick it up.  Such a smart boy!  I can’t wait for Jack to teach Kendall some of the things he knows.  It’s amazing to see a tiny mind at work! Love it! imageOn a side note, here is a sweet picture of Jack after a bath and one of him with Lisi and Sylvie, his first cousins once removed (as Kenzie would say).  This is the ONLY picture we managed to get of any of our family in Michigan other than Grandma and Grandpa.  Michelle and I weren’t very good with our camera this trip. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

And Jack had so much fun with his Aunt Lindsey, too! Thanks for playing with him and loving on my sweet boy! He misses you and Kendall-and grandma!-already!