Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kendall is ONE!

The day has finally arrived.  The day that changed our lives in an amazing way.  The day we will remember, minute by minute always and forever.  The day Kendall Harper Grant was welcomed into this world.  It’s Kendall’s FIRST birthday. Time has flown by in a blink of an eye.  I can’t believe Kendall is already one!  It has been an amazing year and I can tell you, I now know what it feels like to fall in love, every single day.  I continue to thank God for our amazing daughter.  She is one of a kind and I’m so very glad we were chosen to be her parents.

The weather didn’t cooperate too well for the birthday girl so we had to spend a lot of the day inside.  Daddy was sick so Kendall and I spent some time at Grandma and Grandpa’s house preparing for the big party.  I have still been improvising with cameras and unfortunately didn’t get too many pictures of our days events.  Oh yeah, I have vacation time left so I get to be with my baby girl today through next Monday.  Thank. You. Life Care!!

Kendall practiced her piano skills….imageand she played with magnets and my iPhone (picture on the right, self portrait).  We ran some birthday party errands and had lots of playtime in between naps and snacks.imageWe headed home to have some dinner before presents and cake.  One of her favorites was this handy, dandy vacuum.  It has light up music notes and plays Mozart which she quickly figured out how to make work.  She’s so smart.  The part in the middle spins when you push it which she thinks is quite funny.  Maybe she’ll learn early what chores are about.image Before cake, Kendall and I played with some bubbles.  Talk about entertainment.  She would look for more after each time all of the bubbles popped.  At one point she was popping them with her head and nose, laughing the whole time  (please excuse the red eye/blurriness).image Then it was time for cake.   Grandma and Grandpa Singer and Lindy and Granddaddy came over to join in the celebration.   She wasn’t too sure about all of the singing and of course I couldn’t find the candle I bought and the cake was too small to write on, but it all worked out.imageShe wasn’t too sure what to do with the cake when I put it in front of her.  But, with a dab of icing from mom’s finger, it didn’t take long for her to stick her fingers hand right in (yes, I know it’s chocolate cake but that was pure accident. She does not get chocolate at her tiny age just yet).imageKendall enjoyed the cake very much and I am excited to see how she will do with her true, yellow smash cake on Saturday for her party.  She didn’t like the clean up part too well. What a face! imageToday was so special! I am thankful I could be off from work to be able to spend my precious ONE YEAR OLD’s birthday with her.  I can’t wait to tell her one day all about the day she changed my life.  I hope she will be as amazed about it as me.

Kendall-

You are ONE, baby girl! I remember the day you were born like it was just yesterday.  I think I blinked too many times.  It just doesn’t seem possible that you are already one.  This year has been incredible and it will only get better.  You mean the world to your daddy and me.  You are learning new things daily and have started to become a little copy cat.  I love it! If you see me do something, most of the time you will do it right back.  You still just have two teeth but you eat like you have more.  Your favorite right now is veggie burgers and most any fruit.  We are still working on some finger foods and vegetables aren’t your strong point right now.   We have changed your car seat to front facing and you enjoy it very much.  There are so many things to come and I look forward to each one of them but please don’t grow too fast!

We love you,

Mommy and Daddy

6 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet! Happy 1st Birthday, Kendall!

Anonymous said...

It has been a fast year for sure and such a fun one besides. Grandchildren are a grandparents joy. Happy birthday sweet pea....we love you!!!!

Grandma said...

It has been a fast year for sure and such a fun one besides. Grandchildren are a grandparents joy. Happy birthday sweet pea....we love you!!!!

Wayne said...

Happy Birthday my supper sweeter. I love every minute we spend together. Great job Lindsey and Ryan.

Rachel said...

How fun!!! She's all primed for her party on Saturday! PS: LOVE that outfit!

Lindy said...

Just viewed the birthday entry and loved every word and every picture! I can remember last January 5th just like it was yesterday and I, like you, can't believe that our precious little baby is now One!! She's growing and changing every day and learning so many new things. Granddaddy and I love every single minute that we get to spend with her!! Thank you Lindsey and Ryan for the gift of this very special little granddaughter. Our lives have been changed forever by her presence.......thank you and thanks be to God for Kendall. Thank you Lindsey for all of your work on the blog and keeping everybody updated on Kendall and the events in her life!! Love Lindy