Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patricks Day

We met some friends at a local block party for the third year in a row. It is family friendly and there is always a crowd.  Ethan fell asleep on the way and stayed asleep until we got home.  Ahh, the life of a baby.  Kendall wasn’t too sure about the crowd and wanted to be held quite a bit. We found a place in the shade, since it was 82 degrees, and watched some of the festivities.  She warmed up to the crowd the longer we were there although we only stayed an hour.  Ryan wasn’t feeling good and Kendall was getting antsy.  We did enjoy it for the time we were there.image Faces of a two year old who sees her face in the iPhone camera. Love it!image imageIt’s funny how in the reverse camera mode on the iPhone, you think you’re getting a good picture until you see the real thing.  Oh well, at least we tried. LOL! image It was such a beautiful day so I decided to take Kendall and Ethan for some ice cream and to the park while Ryan rested.  Kendall has only really had ice cream at birthday parties so I wasn’t too sure how she would do with a scoop of her own.  I ordered her some strawberry and I pigged out on mint oreo and chocolate chip cookie dough on a waffle cone (it was delicious)!  Kendall did great, didn’t even make a mess, until she wanted mine.  There was a few bites left in her cup when she offered me her spoon and said, “here mommy, you have this one” and then reached for my cone and said, “I lick it?” How could I say no, she wanted to share.  I didn’t feel so guilty with my order after my 2 year old ate half of it.imageI helped Kendall with the drips from the cone but otherwise she ate every bit of what you see here. This girl will eat anything sweet.  She looks so big eating the cone.imageWhen we were done with ice cream, we headed to Middleton Park for more outside fun.  We spent most of our time on the swing but did make it down the slide a few times.  I love watching Kendall at the park.  She definitely has no fear!  image

No comments: