Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kendall’s Art Party

I had a lot of fun planning Kendall’s 2nd birthday party with the help of Pinterest.  I decided to have the party at an art studio so that each child could paint something and take it home with them.  It worked out perfectly and with less mess for me to clean up if I would have had it at home like last year.  Here is your WARNING of the picture overload, enjoy! Thank you to my sister and mother in law for all of these great pictures! I really appreciate all of them!

Happy birthday party day to you sweet girl!image I really enjoyed making these chocolate covered Oreos to snack on and I think they were a hit with everyone! You just can’t resist chocolate on an Oreo! Thankfully they weren’t too messy!image Along with the ceramic each attendee chose to paint, I made Rice Krispie treat paint brushes to hand out as a thank you! One of the Pinterest ideas (along with the Oreos).imagePossibly Picasso was the name of the studio and the staff was very helpful in helping the kiddos pick out which animal they wanted to paint.  I think the most popular was the pony and monkey.  I missed out on getting a picture of all the final products but check out these faces of concentration…adults included! Kendall wanted to paint a dragon.imageimageimageimage     I think Uncle Randy had just as much fun as Sullivan, painting their Steelers penguin.imageOnce everyone was done painting, it was time for cupcakes and presents.  I saw the idea to make cupcakes in mason jars (on Pinterest) and loved it.  They almost looked like paint jars.image We hadn’t practiced with blowing out candles so I didn’t know how Kendall would do.  She needed some help from mommy and daddy and blew out her 2 candles in three tries.imageSweet girl was all about the icing and tried to stick her face in the jar.  She had icing in her hair, on her face, up her nose and managed to get some in her mouth.   She was a hoot! i think I should have brought spoons instead of forks, oops!!image And some presents…image We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and we thank you for celebrating with us.  Our 2 year old had so much fun and it was clearly evident when she went to bed that night.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We loved it! Great job, sees and Happy Birthday to the sweetest little niece!