Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ice cream cone Christmas trees

My mom shared an old idea that she used to do as a kid with Kendall and Jack and they both had so much fun with it.  Cover an ice cream cone with green frosting and decorate with red and green M &M’s, how easy.  Kendall wasn’t sure what to do with the M&M’s to start with but it didn’t take long, after sampling a few, to figure it out. image And then, oh my, she wanted another iced cone all to herself….to eat like corn on the cob. I was a little iffy due to the mess it would make but then I thought, “sure go ahead.”  It was a treat to watch her examine the cone and see how she could get the most icing off.  What a cutie!!image Thanks for sharing your holiday craft with me Grandma! It was fun! The trees made a nice final touch to our first gingerbread house.image

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Any time sweet girl. It sure was fun. Jack had a great time too and ate more "M's " than he put on the tree. Ahhh, the simple pleasures....

Michelle said...

So fun!! Jack talks about the tree every time he sees it. "Granma let me eat da M's!" Your gingerbread house is too cute, too!