Sunday, September 5, 2010

8 months old

Growing, growing, growing! She just won’t stop.  I hear comments all of the time about how tall she is and I just can’t believe it myself.  She is growing like a weed.  This month she has definitely mastered crawling.  She is pulling up on anything and everything and has figured out how to gently let go to be able to sit back down.  She stands for a few seconds at a time but I don’t think she realizes what she is doing.  Sometimes she even stands on her tip toes.  We have baby proofed some of the house and will continue to do so as we need to.  She is still mostly interested in her toys and non toys but has started exploring the kitchen.image We play outside as much as we can and it makes her day.  She’ll sit and watch as the cars pass by, listen to the birds and now she likes to play with the grass and the flowers.  She is determined not to put her legs flat on the grass as you can see by the “tongue sticking out” concentration!imageHer sweet face just makes me melt.  I love taking pictures of her.  My sweet girl!  I need to catch her while I can before she starts walking all over the place or says, “Mom, enough pictures already!”   I have been trying to be better at having my phone or camera ready for action.imageShe continues to eat three meals a day and sometimes has an afternoon snack.  We have added beef, tomato, cinnamon, peaches, tiny pasta noodles and cheddar cheese to your list of foods.  You are also eating cheerios now and can eat those until we stop giving them to you.  I love to watch you pick them up with your thumb and first finger.  You’re so precise in picking them up just perfect!  You are napping twice a day and still drink 3 bottles a day with nursing once at bedtime.   You are only getting your pacifier for naps and bedtime and sometimes on car rides.  

 

Kendall-

Thank you so much for being the perfect little baby that you are.  Your daddy and I look forward to every second of every minute with you.  The minute I lay you down at night, I can’t wait for the sun to come up so I can see your face again.  You are such a happy baby and for that I am greatful.  Recently, you have started to hold on tight to me when other people want to hold you and it makes my heart skip a beat.  You love your momma!  When I walk in the door at the babysitters house, your face lights up and you come crawling to me as fast as you can.  I am still in awe of you and thank God all the time for choosing us to be your parents. (I think I will say that forever). We love you sweet girl, more and more as the days go by. Thank you for being you! Your growth and development are exceptional and we will go for your 9 month check up next month to get all of the vital information.

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Happy 2/3rds birthday little one... Love you

Lindy said...

Kendall, sorry I missed your official 8 month birthday on Sunday but I wanted you to know that Granddaddy and I were thinking about you and we were so happy to get to spend Monday afternoon with you. We love you and we thank God every single day for you and your Mommy and Daddy. You are growing so fast and doing so many new things. It is so much fun being around you. We cherish every moment that we spend with you. Love Lindy

Linda said...

Lindsey, I just viewed the September pictures and your comments. The pictures are just wonderful ...I love the ones of her outside on the grass. You are doing a fantastic job with the pictures and I love reading all of your updates on her developement. This will be priceless to you and to her as she grows up. Thank you for all of the time and effort that you put into making the blog. I know it is enjoyed by so many people. Thank you for the wonderful Mommy you are! We love you!