Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Today’s the day

I was at work today, expecting to finish out the day and then have Friday off to finish up some last minute errands I wanted to do. Well, Ethan had a different plan for me.

It was 10:45 am and my water broke! It took me off guard being that I was induced with Kendall. I surely thought I was just meant to “hold on to” the baby until it was time or just be induced.  I was so excited but the only thing that was going through my mind was- I haven’t packed my bag, I haven’t finished up everything at work, I put dinner in the crockpot, I didn’t take one last pregnant belly photo, I didn’t say bye to Kendall at daycare and most importantly, I didn’t get to buy Kendall a gift from Ethan to open at the hospital. I was trying to think of something really special and was going to buy Kendall a gift on Friday, when I had the day off. My other plan for Friday was to get Kendall out of school early and spend a mommy/daughter day with her.  Ethan wasn’t too worried about all of the things I wanted or needed to do.

THANKFULLY, Kendall got to come to the hospital and hang out for a bit before her dinner time and before Ethan arrived.  I really enjoyed seeing her and even got emotional when she had to leave.  I kept thinking about how the next time I saw her she would be a big sister and that she had to come to a silly hospital to say “night night” and that I didn’t get my mommy/daughter date with her. She’s growing so fast and I love her so much!imageAfter a busy day of labor, IV’s and monitors, Ethan Caleb entered this world at 8:12 pm after a mere FOUR minutes of pushing, weighing eight pounds five ounces and was twenty inches long.  It was such a beautiful sight to lay eyes on my son.  How perfect, a girl and a boy! We couldn’t be happier! Thank you to my sister, who captured such a special day. Beware of picture overload! image image image image Ethan was welcomed by his Grandma, two aunts and an uncle. He was so unexpected, alot of our other family members had different plans and were going to be available on and after the date of induction.imageimageDaddy checking out his boy, before his bath.   image He wasn’t a huge fan of the bath but enjoyed getting his hair washed.imageAll clean. image Our sweet addition.image Labor and delivery went very smoothly although Ethan was pushed out so quickly, he did receive a small bruise to his left tear duct.  The bruise was smaller then a pea and hardly noticeable. They say he bumped my pelvic bone on the way out.  We are so very excited to bring our baby boy home to meet his big sister and start our family of four.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a super special day! I'm so thankful to have been there to welcome that sweet boy! Love you guys!

Lindy said...

Thanks Lindsey for posting all of these wonderful pictures of Ethan's arrival on the blog. Thanks to Michelle for capturing all of these special never to be forgotten moments. They are just wonderful. Although we missed his arrival, we are so thankful for Ethan and for your good delivery. We give thanks for God for the miracle of birth and this beautiful grandson!!