Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blue Angels

Today we headed down to the Yorktown to watch the Navy Blue Angels perform.  It was such a perfect day and we were amongst the crowd on land and water to watch the show. 

There wasn’t a cloud in the sky!imageimage It was very windy on the top of the boat. After a few pictures Kendall was out of the sun and into the shade!  She was able to enjoy some of the sites and sounds before taking a snooze.imageWe had the whole family together for the Blue Angel outing so everyone was able to be in pictures. 

I wonder how the Grant boys got so tall?  Karena and Chip are so happy!  Wedding bells will be ringing soon enough for you two!  Sullivan and Walker thought it was pretty neat to sit near the jet of a plane, pretty cool idea Uncle Ryan.  Emory was trying to hide from me when I took her picture, too cute!imageThis plane is Fat Albert.  It is responsible for carrying all of the crew chief’s equipment.imageAnd here are the Blue Angels…..

The pictures don’t do the pilots much justice.  There is a lot of precision and practice that goes into the show they performed.  They were quite fast, and loud I might add, so I captured what I could on my camera.  The show was a one of a kind!imageKendall was able to make it through an hour long show thanks to Grandpa’s Bose headphones.  I was a little nervous with how she would do with the noise but as you can see she wasn’t affected at all.  Here is a before the show, far left and then during, both center and right.  I covered the stroller with her pink blanket to keep some of the wind out and kept her occupied with a rattle and Mr. Bird.  In the middle picture, I think she is saying, “ok mommy, I’ve had enough of Mr. Bird, I am going to sleep!”  She fell asleep after about 20 minutes of the show and slept until we were back at the car.  What a trooper! Good job baby girl!image We had such a fun time at the Yorktown.  For me, it was a two for one. I have never been on the Yorktown, nor have I seen the Blue Angels perform.  It was a great time had by all and the beautiful weather made it all the better.  What a perfect Charleston day!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What great pictures, sees! I love the one of Kendall smiling with dad's headphone on-how sweet is she?! Looks like it was a great day of family fun! Oh, and I like your purple dress!!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry we couldn't make out this weekend to see the Blue Angels. I know Stryker would've loved it! I'm so proud of princess Kendall for being such a good girl through all the noise. The pics are too cute!