Saturday, February 13, 2010

“Southern” winter wonderland

I was amazed to see the amount of snow that accumulated over night.  The weathermen were predicting 1-4 inches in our area but I was not convinced until I saw it! Boy, did they prove me wrong! We stayed out long enough to get a few pictures and then it was back inside for these southerners.  image Our neighbor’s tree and a view of the pond from our back door.image Our poor Crepe Myrtle branches were completely white.imageI forgot to get a picture of one of the snowmen but I thought these pictures were pretty too.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Sure is pretty when you know it will melt soon!!! Love the picture of your neighbors tree.

Rachel said...

KK's my kinda girl-sleeping through the insanity! :) I'm glad you got some beautiful pictures for her first snow!